Empopongi, Maasai Mara
Operating since 2016
Planned, built, licensed and launched the Vital Solutions Health Center for the Masai tribe in Empopongi, Maasia Mara. We have hired local Kenyans to serve there. Our team includes 5 medical professionals.
We also send/take medical teams from the US to volunteer there.
Here is a summary of our work and ongoing projects there:
- Raised over $100,000 for the VS Health Center, completed and operational
- We operate as a Family and Maternity Center:
-we have treated over 1,000 patients so far at the VS Health Center
-50+ babies have been born at the VS Health Center
- We operate as an Urgent Clinic:
-treating work injuries, animal attacks, (i.e. elephant crashes, lion bites),
-burn victims, and overall provide medical care to a community that otherwise would not have access to health care. The nearest government hospital is 4 hrs away by car.
- We facilitated a water source for VS as well as for the community
- We provide vaccines for the Maasai kids through school campaigns
Kibera Slum, Nairobi
There are approximately 2.5 million slum dwellers in about 200 settlements in Nairobi representing 60% of the Nairobi population and occupying just 6% of the land. Kibera is the biggest slum in Africa and one of the biggest in the world.
Until recently Kibera had no water and it had to be collected from the Nairobi dam. The dam water is not clean and causes typhoid and cholera.
In Kibera there are no government clinics or hospitals. The providers are the charitable organisations like ours.
As of February 23rd, 2018. We have launched our second medical clinic in the Kibera slum, the largest slum in Africa.
- Over 2.5 million people in this slum.
- Many orphans and widows live here
- There is no adequate housing or medical care here
- We have boots on the ground already
- We will operate as an Urgent Care clinic + Maternity/Pediatric clinic
- We envision doing vaccine campaigns and treating childhood diseases
- We envision treating kids with water-born diseases, Malaria, Typhoid, etc.